Go Back   Game Addicts > Hardware Talk > Console Hardware
User Name
Password

Console Hardware Talk about mods, console accessories and stuff

Old 01-26-2006, 08:55 AM
Super Moderator

Sean is on a distinguished road
DS Lite! What do you think?

Check out my post on the new DS Lite on the main Game-Addicts site! What do you all think of the new design?

Personally, I think its amazing how astoundingly similar to the original DS it is. Just shows there isn't really a better way of arranging two screens, otherwise Nintendo would have done something very different.

I wonder if they'll be releasing it in an array of interesting colours from the start this time, or whether it'll just be the original silver grey to start with.
Old 01-27-2006, 12:03 AM
Harmless

BlendedGenius is on a distinguished road
It's pretty sweet. I got my hands on a DS and it's pretty neat. I really don't see a point though. Yea, it's smaller and lighter, but that just makes the screen smaller. Soon you'll have to use magnifying glass to see the screen.
Old 01-27-2006, 05:43 AM
Harmless

Beuri is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Beuri
Was the screen size smaller? I didn't think it was. I personally like the new design, I think DS is rather bulky and the mic wasnt well placed. I also like the addition of the screen brightness adjustment button. It was getting a little annoying not being able to turn it on in off with just a simple click like on the SP.
Old 01-27-2006, 08:16 AM
Super Moderator

No mention has been made of the screen being smaller, so I think the screen is the same size and they've just reduced the space around the screens.

The brightness levels aren't a bad idea, good for extending the battery life still further!
Old 01-28-2006, 06:18 PM
Mostly Harmless

Alexinator is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Alexinator Send a message via MSN to Alexinator Send a message via Yahoo to Alexinator
I like it, and may be planning on buying one over a PSP. I'm not to sure yet.

I'd be willing to bet Nintendo will hold off on releasing the system with extra colors, as they could do so in the future to try and sell even more. They'd be like "Ohh, we've made the DS smaller, now we've made it look better, come buy them because now they come in a variety of colors!"

That's what I'd do anyway

Brought to you by vSig
Old 01-28-2006, 08:09 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexinator
I urge you to consider the DS strongly. I love my PSP to bits, but I keep finding myself coming back to the DS games over and over. There's way more originality going on the DS at the moment. Ideally, get both!

Quote:
I'd be willing to bet Nintendo will hold off on releasing the system with extra colors, as they could do so in the future to try and sell even more. They'd be like "Ohh, we've made the DS smaller, now we've made it look better, come buy them because now they come in a variety of colors!"

Apparently it's going to be released in three colours in Japan, so I wouldn't be surprised to see them in different colours on western shores.
Old 01-28-2006, 08:37 PM
Harmless

BlendedGenius is on a distinguished road
I just assumed that the screen would be smaller... guess I was wrong. In that case... go Nitendo DS :P
Old 01-29-2006, 02:36 PM
Harmless

mck is on a distinguished road
Quote:

If games are more important to you, get a DS. I know you bought a PMP after your nano fiasco, so you probaly don't need a media player.

I use my PSP for media way more than I play the two games I have for it. The games on the DS look pretty sweet though, I might actually get a lite when it comes out just for Mario anything.