Latest Threads

Latest News

Supporters

Go Back   Game Addicts > Community Lounge > Suggestions and Feedback
User Name
Password

Suggestions and Feedback Think something could be changed about the community? Give us your feedback.

Old 01-23-2006, 04:51 AM
Mostly Harmless

Alexinator is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Alexinator Send a message via MSN to Alexinator Send a message via Yahoo to Alexinator
Spelling/Gramatical Errors

With a brand new forum, it's to be expected! Here are a few I've noticed:

First off, the descriptions for the forums seem to go on and off with punctuation. Some have periods, some have nothing.

Second, Games Talk doesn't sound right, maybe it should be something like Video Game Chat or Video Game Talk.

Also, the description for that forum header should change to "Want to talk about games? Just post in the forum for your platform." from "Want to talk about games, just post in the forum for your platform" Here I would also suggest a change to something like "Discus the old and the new about your video game favorites! (Or maybe not so favorite )"

Next, "Got a scoop about an up and coming release, let us know here." under the Game News forum should be changed to "Got the scoop about an up and coming release? Let us know here." Or, once again, be changed completely to something like "Get the latest news in the gaming industry, or post your own!"

And "Area to chat about games written for the PC" under the PC Games forum just doesn't seem right. Maybe we could change it to something like "The place to chat about games made for your PC or Mac."

Then, "Talk about the latest in MMORG or those simple flash puzzles you see all over the place" under the Online Games forum should be changed to "Talk about the latest in MMORPG or those simple flash puzzles you see all over the place."

Then, "For those who enjoy reminiscing here you can talk about those golden oldie classics" under Retro Games forum should be changed to "For those who enjoy reminiscing, you can talk about those golden oldie classics here."

And Portables Games just doesn't sound right at all. Maybe Portable Games would suit better? And it's description should be changed to "Discussions about games on the portables such as the PSP, DS, etc held here."

The forum header description for Hardware should be changed from "Games aren't a lot of use with out the hardware to run, chat and compare system specs here" to "Games aren't a lot of use with out the hardware to run them! Chat about and compare system specs here."

The description for Console Hardware should be changed from "Talk about mods, console accessories and stuff" to "Talk about mods, console accessories, and other stuff in here." Also, I can't see this forum as generating too much activity, I'm not sure. I know there are a lot of console mods out there, and I know there will be more for the new gen were currently in transition for, but how much can that really be? I won’t decide yet, but I'm thinking the forum may be best if deleted.

And lastly, the description for Mobile Phones is very out of order >< Should be changed from "With more and more games being released for mobiles share experiences with fellow gamers." to "I DON'T EVEN KNOW." hehe, I can't think of something that would quickly describe the forum for talk about mobile phone hardware. My suggestion is to completely remove it, since mobile phone hardware probably won’t generate too much activity anyways.

I know how much work goes in to creating and building forums, and I must say this seems like it was done in a bit of a hurry. I like the layout, but just don't think it's much optimized for maximum activity. So, I've created my own!

Quote:
-Community News/Announcements
-- Announcements
-GA Hangout
-- Introductions – Introduce your self to the community.
-- The Lounge – Lead off topic discussions about anything here!
--- Forum Games –Play some forum based games with your GA friends. (No Post Count)
-- Tech Talk – Discuss the latest in computers and other electronics.
-- Media – Discuss movies, music, or T.V.
-The Game Room
-- PC Gamming – Talk about the latest and greatest games for the PC!
-- Console Gamming – Discussion on console based games.
--- Sony – Talk about Sony’s Playstation line and games.
--- Microsoft – Talk about Microsoft’s Xbox line and games.
--- Nintendo – Talk about the Nintendo line and games.
--- Other Systems – Talk about non-mainstream systems and their games.
-- Portable Gamming - Discus games which are made for PSP, DS, and cell phones or other portable media.
- Game Play
--Strategy Discussion - Discus strategy and game play on your favorite games with other users here.
-- Cheats & Hints - Want to have fun beating the game? Find and post cheats and hints to spice up game play here.
- Support and Feedback
-- PC Support – Having problems with your computer? Tell us about it!
-- Console Support – Having problems with your gaming console? Find help here!
-- Community Forum – Discussion on the Blog or the GA Community held here.
--- Feedback – Think something could be changed about the community? Give us your feedback.

Legend:
- Forum Title/Header
-- Forum
--- Sub-forum

||||| - Added on construction date
||||| - Added as community grows
Tell me what you think And I'm always glad to help

-Alex

Brought to you by vSig

Last edited by Alexinator; 01-23-2006 at 05:07 AM.
Old 01-23-2006, 12:27 PM
Staff

Sage Tech is on a distinguished road
Thanks Alex, I'll at correcting a few later this evening. You are right the forum descriptions were rushed a fair bit.
Old 01-23-2006, 10:43 PM
Harmless

mck is on a distinguished road
Mm, the only I notice is your self, I beleive it should be yourself.
Old 01-23-2006, 10:44 PM
Staff

Sage Tech is on a distinguished road
I have modified quite a few now as per Alex;s suggestion, but I ignored the gamming spielling