Latest Threads

Latest News

Supporters

Go Back   Game Addicts > Community Lounge > Suggestions and Feedback
User Name
Password

Suggestions and Feedback Think something could be changed about the community? Give us your feedback.

Old 01-22-2006, 02:06 PM
Staff

Sage Tech is on a distinguished road
Other Ideas

As we're a new gaming forum we're after ideas to make us a bit different to other forums.

We'll start off by promising to never have any annoying pop up or under adverts and will try to keep all advertisements at a minimum level. Any other ideas on how we can stand out from the crowd would be appreciated.

Thanks
Old 01-22-2006, 07:06 PM
Harmless

Sneaky Pete is on a distinguished road
Um, if you give away games and stuff at regular intervals, I'd sure be hovering like a vulture...but you know that I am cheap like that, don't you ST?

On to another subject: Your smilies and graphic elements were intended for a light background. Someone is going to have to take that light edge out.

But you've probably already realised that.
Old 01-22-2006, 07:20 PM
Staff

We have a bit of a to do list with the images and the smilies are at the top of it. I'm hoping Sean has a quiet day at work tomorrow and can finish them off .

If you have any ideas for contests please let us know, I'd like to get this place started with some kind of contest or other.
Old 01-22-2006, 07:28 PM
Harmless

Sneaky Pete is on a distinguished road
I'm guessing that your aim with these forums is to generate additional content pages for the GA website? So, a contest would need to generate good content. Is my thinking right?
Old 01-22-2006, 07:52 PM
Staff

Initially we want to build the member and page count up. So any contest should promote the idea of new members and quality posts. We are not really looking for direct content as such for the main site, but we do want to build on the community and get regular readers.
Old 01-22-2006, 09:26 PM
Mostly Harmless

Alexinator is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Alexinator Send a message via MSN to Alexinator Send a message via Yahoo to Alexinator
One thing I can suggest, which I've also suggested for HM, is that we get our own custom arcade, since you know, we are a gaming forum and all

Other then that I think the graphical elemts as Sneaky said should be on the top of the to-do list, since no one likes choppy images.

One other thing, if at all possible, is the Quick Post and the posting page itself has the grey/white text boxes. It would be nice if we could make them like a dark blue or some other flashy color scheme to match the main site/forums. I do think that the background should be black on the text boxes since that's the actual outcome after posting.
Old 01-22-2006, 09:31 PM
Staff

The choppy images will be sorted out soonish (hopefully tomorrow), Sean is very good at tiny graphics so he'll hopefully come up with a whole new original set.

One of the reasons I didn't change the grey input area was familiarity and the number of images involved. Though once the site settles in a bit we might change that.

I like the arcade idea and that's certainly on the to do list.
Old 01-22-2006, 09:34 PM
Mostly Harmless

Send a message via AIM to Alexinator Send a message via MSN to Alexinator Send a message via Yahoo to Alexinator
Glad to hear it. Also, would it be possible to import the Reputation system from HM, or create another one? We have bassicly nothing to base the reputation off of, such as free hosting, but it is nice to see who is helping out and who to keep an eye on
Old 01-22-2006, 09:37 PM
Staff

I intentionally turned the rep system off as I didn't really see a need in it. When we get a few more members we'll hold a poll about it.

We have had a play with titles though and they will change as posts increase
Old 01-22-2006, 10:16 PM
Mostly Harmless

Sounds cool

One thing I've noticed, and am only slightly annoyed by is the fixed table width! I can see how relative table width may be a bit difficult to achieve, but if we could make the forums relative, that would be nice since I like to be able to maximize the window and be able to see a lot of the forums without scrolling. Just a thought, but not too concerned

Brought to you by vSig